Throughout the spring and summer, when we have lighter evenings, our usual Wednesday run moves from Melton to the villages in the surrounding area. The usual routine is to meet outside a village pub, run for an hour over the local footpaths and then most runners stay for a drink afterwards.
These runs are sociable and run as a group, regularly stopping at stiles, junctions, etc, to keep everyone together. So that everyone gets a good, enjoyable run we will usually split into two groups, allowing those who want to stretch their legs and go a little further and/or faster to do so. As with all our runs, they are led by our members, so if you have a suitable route to suggest for the future, let us know.
We do also have a few special runs that form part of our summer programme – the “No watch” race and club handicap are always fun evenings, as is the 3 club challenge that we hold with Barrow and Wreake. More details of each will be announced in due course.
Below is a selection of some of our Outrun Routes:
- The Grange — long route
- Hungarton (Black Boy) –
- Grimston (Black Horse) – long route
- Kinoulton (Neville Arms) – long route / short route
- Manton (Horse and Jockey) – long route / short route
- Plungar (The Anchor) long route / short route
- Ashby Folville (Carington Arms) long route / short route
- Knossington (Fox and Hounds) – long route / short route
- Somerby (Stilton Cheese) – l
- Hose (Rose and Crown) – long route / medium route / short route
- Croxton Kerrial (Goose and Feather) – Paul/Katie
- No Watch Race (Crown Inn, Sproxton)
- Cake run at Branston (Wheel Inn) –
- 2017 outruns schedule.
A selection of our favourite routes are on the routes page.
An archive of Neil’s outrun blogs over the years can be found here.