Reviewing our Health and Safety guidance we are advising where members are also parkrun runners, they run with their ‘In Case of Emergency’ (ICE ) wristband identification. Where members are not parkrun runners, we can provide a link to a company that can produce a similar product, at a small cost. Please ask if you would like this link.
Katie Hateley (Race Director) and a small working group are progressing necessary and appropriate actions for us to host the clubs Stilton 7 on Sunday 27h February 2022. Please keep this date available in your race diary. Details on how to enter will be shared nearer the date.
Joshua Dadd will be asking for volunteers nearer the date to help on the day. Please please support your club and help out if you are not running or recovering from the Belvoir Challenge. Without your help we cannot put on the Stilton 7.
We realise that members are attending separate fitness, yoga and stretching classes – however, to supplement these we have made arrangements with Jane Martins daughter, who is a qualified instructor, to offer online yoga sessions, which also cater for runners (hamstring stretches etc) a free seven day trial taster session. Normal price on a rolling monthly program is £25, but if you quote ‘Stilton Striders’ she is offering a special discounted rate of £20 per month. The advantage of these sessions is that they can be done at any time of the day. The link is katasana.com
We have decided to hold off from hosting either a C25k, or 5k to 10k course until we have a qualified Coach and sufficient Run Leaders in place.
We will be holding a poll shortly to see if there is any interest to host a mid-day Friday run, as raised as our AGM.
In the spring we will be in contact with Melton parkrun to see if we can participate in a ‘parkrun takeover’. Further information will come out at the appropriate time.
Our Christmas Fuddle will take place in the Rugby Club bar following our club run on Wednesday 15th December ,where Club Standards will be awarded to members who have qualified during 2021.
The outcome of the Christmas Night poll was to go for a drink and see how it goes! We shall be meeting on Saturday 18th December from 7.00pm in the ‘Round Corner Tap Room’, Scalford Road for beer and also the adjacent ‘Fur and Feathers’ for those who would prefer gin and cocktails. Reminders for both will be shared nearer the dates.
The website is continually being updated and improved. Please have a look at the members profiles page – if you want to include yours please don’t be shy! In addition if you want anything to be added please let us know and also your feedback would be appreciated.
- 22 apologies tabled in advance, 30 members attended and participated. Therefore AGM was Quorate.
- 2020/2021 membership was 168 (seniors). Current membership 132 (including 17 new members)
- Minutes of virtual AGM October 2020 approved as true record.
- Matters arising completed: Club VLM place; 2019/2020 year end accounts and membership fees (see below).
- Chairs report will be added to minutes.
- Treasurers report will be added to minutes. 2020/2021 year end accounts approved.
- Juniors report will be added to minutes.
- Committee re-elected en-block. Chris (Chair), Andy (Treasurer), Jane Martin (Secretary), Paul Jacobs (Run Leader Co-ordinator), Nikola Dolphin-Rowland (Welfare Officer0, Ian Bickle and Joshua Dadd. After the meeting Zoe Wyko asked and was added to the committee.
- Membership fees: 2020/2021 retrospectively approved. 2021/2022 approved.
- Leicestershire Road Running League: Their AGM is 15 November, when 2022 season of races will be agreed. Stilton 7 proposed for 27th February 2022.
- Derby Runner Cross County League: First two race 14 November and 12 December. Club are purchasing a second tent for ladies.
- Run Leaders: Paul and John Martin currently only two RL’s providing sessions (Liz Goodburn resuming Dec/Jan). Appeal for additional RL’s. Club will fund England Athletics course fees.
- What do members want from the club – discussion: everyone happy with what is currently provided. Committee asked to consider the following: Booking a six week ‘core strength/stretching’ course to supplement Thursday RL sessions; possibility of a mid-day run group; Couch to 5k group (subject to availability of coaches and run leaders) and parkrun ‘takeover’. All will be looked at by committee.
- Running mojo. Proposal well received and a separate email to current and past members will sent out soon to expand on how this can be developed.
- There will not be a presentation event this year.
- Christmas do. In response to the poll the outcome is that members will be invited to met up at a pub (TBC) on Saturday 18th December for a pre-Christmas social gathering. In addition on Wednesday 15th there will be a club ‘Fuddle’ in the Rugby Club bar, at which those who have applied for and achieved club Standards will be presented with a certificate.
- The club are going to participate in the Festival of Christmas Trees as St.Mary Church (1-8 December) and the decorations will be race medals.
- Webpage: The contents are slowly being updated – please bear with us. The club will concentrate of providing race reports for only Club Events (LLRL, Derby Runners XC, Livingstone relays, County Champs etc.) However, if members want to provide other race result details, or any other news, please email email@example.com and they will be added to the website.
October 2021 As a show of appreciation to Saint-Gobain Pam Ltd for providing car parking (Holwell Works) each year, SSRC member John Houghton presented Andrew Harris (Plant Director and Operations and Supply Director) a framed photograph from the 2020 event. Without their support the club would not be able to host our Stilton 7 road race and we are pleased that they will continue to support us again for future races from this venue. Note that due to Covid 19 restrictions the presentation was delayed into October 2021