For those looking to burn a few of those Christmas calories, escape the family or just get out for a run in the fresh air, there is plenty of running in the area over Christmas – details below.
Included in the list is the opportunity to join with a unique challenge – Ben Smith is currently aiming to run 401 marathons in 401 days (raising a lot of money for charity along the way) and we have been invited to join him on 30th December, running from the Manor Pub in Quorn at 9.30am. Full details of the challenge are at www.the401challenge.co.uk
- 21 December (6.30pm) – Xmas 4 mile group run from Parkside alongside Rob and Simon’s Run England group – festive fancy dress / Santa hats encouraged!
- 23 December (7pm) – club run – KE7 Sports Centre (Route 4)
- 26 December (9am) – parkrun
- 30 December (9.30am) – 401 Marathon (Manor Pub, Quorn) – see above
- 30 December (7pm) – club run – KE7 Sports Centre (limited facilities only – centre is closing at 7pm, but runners are welcome to meet there for a group run)
- 1 January (10.30am) – New Year’s parkrun (reverse course)
- 2 January (9am) – parkrun (back to normal!)
- 3 January (11am) – Huncote Hash
- 4 January (6.30pm) – new beginners sessions for a new year
- 6 January (7pm) – club run – KE7 Sports Centre (Route 1)
- 6 January (7pm) – alternative head torch run (Scalford, Kings Arms)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from everyone at the club!